Friday, August 13, 2010

Bubble Shooter


I'm not normally one to get hooked on an online game. I am staunchly against Farmville, it's knockoffs, and all that they stand for. If I'm in the mood for a video game fix, I'll indulge in a console game or a GBA rom. However, this all changed a few days ago when Stumbleupon found me Bubble Shooter.

If you're not familiar with Bubble Shooter, it's a game that's been around in various forms for a long time. The object is to clear the screen by launching colored bubbles to form popping groups of like colors. It's a simple premise with simple gameplay. Go to http://www.bubbleshooter.net/ to play it.

Despite it's apparent simplicity, there are deceptively difficult elements of skill and strategy required. Mindlessly firing bubbles at the first group you see is a sure-fire way to quickly lose the game. It takes much planning, a few skilled bank-shots, and knowing when to take a risk to get anywhere. I officially pronounce myself addicted, to the point that I couldn't resist playing through a quick game when I went to the site to copy the above link.

My latest high score is 104,600. Let me know yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment