Thursday, August 23, 2012

Big Time Muscle



I've been eating healthier foods, counting calories, and working out religiously all summer. I've lost a lot of fat. Here is my summer progress album! I went from 186 pounds and 23% body fat in May to 159 pounds and 12% body fat in August.

Today was the day I officially ended my "cut" and began my "bulk". During a cut, you take in less calories than you burn, resulting in a net loss. Lifting weights during a cut makes you lose fat instead of muscle to make up the difference. During a bulk, you take in more calories than you burn, for an overall gain. Lifting weights during a bulk makes you gain muscle instead of fat to make up the difference.

This morning I had a massive hammy, cheesy, peppery omelette and a protein shake. This afternoon I had a mess of bison roast, salad, and as much milk as I wanted. Over the course of the day at work, I felt absolutely amazing. It's so great to have fuel in the tank again, after months of eating a -1000 cal/day deficit.

I plan to bulk for the next four months, then re-evaluate where I'm at. Check back for another progress album in December!

So long, I'm off to the gym to lift some heavy shit :)


No comments:

Post a Comment