Saturday, October 24, 2009

Writing Journal

I've been taking a Creative Writing class for my elective this semester. The teacher assigned that we keep a "writing journal" to hand in at a specified date. In this journal, we were instructed to record ideas for stories and poems, words, names, descriptions of people and situations, overheard conversations, interesting things from books we read, lists, things that give us joy or make us mad, fragments of memories, dreams, or anything really.

Whenever I recorded an idea, it never felt right to leave it as a snippet. Perhaps because of years of vigorous essay-writing training by Mrs. Footz, I always felt the need to expand on the fragments and flesh them out into fully-functioning ideas. I began to do just that.

Several friends, upon hearing me describe this assignment, expressed interest in reading the journal. I've since decided to periodically post my favorite bits here, for the reading pleasure of anyone interested. Though the writing journal was my inspiration for starting this blog, I will continue to write and share my ideas past the completion of the assignment.

The title of this blog, First Class Honesty, is exactly what you can expect from everything you read here. My views are honest and authentically represented in what I hope is an entertaining and/or thought provoking way. (First Class Honesty is also the name of my band, for the same reasons)

Enjoy, and don't forget to comment!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the link! I look forward to reading your thoughts. =)

    ReplyDelete