Saturday, November 21, 2009

3:41 AM


I find the hours between 3AM and 5 AM to be the most foreign hours of the night. If staying up late, I normally go to bed by 2, or 3 at the latest. And if getting up early, its never before 5. They are the forsaken hours that don't belong to either the late night hours preceding, or the approaching wee hours of morning.

Last night, I woke up at 3:41 AM. I noted the time specifically, because there seemed to be no real reason for my being awake. I wasn't hungry or thirsty, not too warm, not too cold, and didn't have to go the bathroom. But I was wide awake.

I got up and quietly stole out of my room into the kitchen. There was snow on the ground that was bare when I went to bed, and more was falling. That was pretty cool. My roommate was snoring subtly in his room. I had some water from the Brita filter, and sat on the couch, bathed in pale blue light from snow-filtered street lamps. I was at a loss as to what to do with myself. I was completely alert, not tired whatsoever. I couldn't remember this happening ever before.

I then had an idea that may have already been obvious to some. I prayed. Lately, I've been very busy, but still seriously neglecting to give time to prayer. I gave thought to the matter as I went to bed the night before (without praying). I guess God woke me up and said "Don't have time for Me? Then lets make some time."

Thank you, God. That was fun and refreshing. Lets hang out more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment